Course Description: The purpose of this course is to take all participants through complete technical progressions of the Snatch, Clean & Jerk, and all associated movements including Power Snatch, Power Clean, Power Jerk, Squat variations, and pulling progressions. Participants will gain base line knowledge about the programming of training and technical rules. The course includes theoretical classroom, and practical hands-on portions. Course duration is over one weekend and lasts approximately 13-14 hours with up to 9 hours being practical and 4-5 hours lecture based. It is suitable for Strength & Conditioning /Sports Performance, Health & Fitness and beginning level competitive Weightlifting Coaches alike.
Note: CPR and/or First Aid certification and Criminal Background Check are not required for completion of this certification
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course and no level of education or coaching background required.
$395 – Courses not held at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, CO.
$495** – Effective July 1st 2012 Level 1 course fee will increase.
- Pre-registration is required for all courses. Walk-ins are not allowed.
- The registration deadline for any course is 5 business days prior to the first day of the course.
- Courses may be closed at any time prior to the deadline without notice. Please do not make travel arrangements before registering for the course.
- In the event a course is cancelled, USAW is not responsible for any pre-paid expense incurred by participant.
- For questions about a specific course, contact the course coordinator on the course listing from the link below.
- If you are a current member, your 1 year membership included in the coaching course will be prorated on your account upon completion of the course.
- Certificates are not mailed after completion of the course. Your member status online will reflect completion of the course. You can expect your information 4-6 weeks following the course.
- The NSCA gives 1.2 Continuing Education Units for NSCA members who take this course.
- Common abbreviation: USAW-L1SP